I am taking a week off to close out 2016. My brain is still coughing up hair balls:
- The right hand bar end shifter on my Cross Check died after 15 months. I have also replaced the right hand side shifter on two other bikes in the last two years. I must have developed awesome hand strength or they don’t make them like they used to.
- If you eat cookies and pretzels and pizza and diner food for a week and wash it down with beer, your clothes will shrink. Also, it becomes much harder to ride a bike up a hill.
- I don’t know if it is physical or psychological but my biking legs are toast. I needed a break anyway to get ready for snow shoveling in a couple of weeks.
- I am pretty sure that if 2016 lasted 13 months, there would be no famous people left alive. Now that I think about it, it seems as if 2016 has lasted 15 months.
- My baseball game preferences:
- Going with my kids
- Going with a friend (or two or three)
- Going alone
- Watching on TV
- Listening on the radio
- Staring at the calendar waiting for Opening Day
- Watching any other sport.
- My 2017 to do list has only a few things on it:
- Attend my daughter’s college graduation in May
- Ride my last Bike to Work Day (See below)
- Volunteer at the Tour de Fat and at least one other #bikedc event
- Start going to Friday Coffee Club again
- Retire (this is below)
- Ride the 50 States Ride
- Do a bike tour (currently leaning toward DC to Key West to DC) in September/October/November)
- Go somewhere warm for Christmas (never done this before)
- Other things to do in 2017
- Avoid the ER, lung infections and big metal fart barges
- Buy kevlar vest so Klarence’s hugs don’t break my aging ribs
- Do a random social event once per month. Includes bike rides, hikes, lunches, happy hours, bar booth therapy sessions, and the like
- Avoid people who suck the fun out of life including ungrateful gaslighting woo woo hypocritics, passive aggressive shadow fearing bureaucrats, and neurotic psychotic pig headed politicians
2 thoughts on “Staycation Listicle”
Enjoy the remainder of your year!