I’ve don’t like being idle so today was my kind of day. I was running around and doing stuff from 7 am to 7 pm. After breakfast and reading the newspaper I did this:
- 15 minutes of physical therapy exercises
- A visit to the pulmonologist. She has pretty much decided to let the hematologist determine whether I should stay on blood thinners indefinitely. This was quite a surprise to me. This assumes that my lower leg is free of the deep vein thrombosis that dispatched the clots to my lungs. When I get back from my bike tour, she’s going to experiment with lowering the dosage of my asthma medicine.
- Checked out patio furniture at Home Despot. It looked crappy.
- Took my car to a state inspection station to find out if it would pass inspection with a ding in the windshield. He said “yes”.
- Bought bird seed coated with hot pepper powder. (Alas the neighbor’s squirrel appears to be adapting to the stuff.)
- Got my haircut so that I don’t look like I am undergoing electric shock therapy
- Meditated for 30 minutes
- Ate lunch
- Rode Little Nellie to DC for one last look at the cherry blossoms. Okay, I might go tomorrow and Friday buy this is peak bloom and there’s no telling when it will end. The Tidal Basin was crowded so I skipped it and rode through the tunnel of blossoms in East Potomac Park instead. If you still plan to go this year, tomorrow or Friday before work would be best. Walk around the Tidal Basin and go snow blind. Then take a bikeshare bike (the dock was full when I was there) to ride the tunnel.
- Rode to the gym to lift weights lamely. I tried some free weights today.
- Rode home feeling tired.
- Ate dinner
- Turned on the Nats game right about now
5 thoughts on “Seven to Seven”
Oh my, you really are all go, go, go! It’s kinda embarrassing, to be honest…I think I need to learn from your “get up and go” spirit 🙂
Your neighbor has a pet squirrel?
No a big maple tree with a squirrel condo
Entitled suburban squirrels are the worst… ,not surprising it likes spicy bird seed