Here are some things I am thankful for.
- Being alive (not to mention the fact that I didn’t have a stroke last December).
- The doctors, nurses, radiology techs and other medicos who brought me back to health.
- The fine folks who invented Xarelto, compression sleeves, and aspirin.
- The friends and family who visited me and sent me gifts and good wishes during my recovery.
- Friday Coffee Club.
- The Mule.
- All the people who sheltered me, fed me, and gave me such good company during and after my ride across America.
- Meditative solitude for miles and miles and miles.
- Pizza and craft beer, turquoise mountain waters, the owl in the road in the middle of the night, Square Butte, and the Painted Canyon.
- The Swiss Nirvana fan, the plant nerd, and the artist from Juneau.
- Meeting Tommy.
- My 50 States posse.
- Magic Juan.
- Happy hours and sad (but necessary) protests.
- Facetime with my boy (and his girl).
- The return of the scorekeeper.
- Mrs. RC for enabling a pretty incredible year.
One thought on “Giving Thanks – 2019”
Lots to be Thankful for. Can’t wait to read about next years adventures.