It’s been a busy week:
- Four medical appointments (endocrine system, eyes, teeth, skin), two indoor bike rides on Big Nellie, two outdoor bike rides on Little Nellie, a visit to the gym, five yoga sessions (on my own) (Did I mention I hate yoga.) A return to meditation after several months. One WABA event followed by a WABA happy hour. And Friday Coffee Club. Also, I stealthily bought Mrs. Rootchopper flowers for Valentines Day. And we went out to dinner.
- I started doing yoga again because my body is a wreck. I suspect part of the reason it is a wreck is that I’ve gained about 20 pounds since last summer. My left knee, hip, lower back, and arm are all messed up. And very painful. My thighs feel like they are made out of concrete. So the yoga I am doing is very basic and emphasizes freedom of movement. My routine also includes PT exercises for iliotibial band syndrome (which I think may be behind the knee and hip pain) and runner’s calf stretches. I’ll give it another week before I go to my doctor and raise a white flag of surrender. The last thing I want to do is get on the medical hampster wheel again.
Next week promises to be busy as well.
- A CT scan (as part of the endocrinology thing) on Monday at 7:30
- A bike ride at 9:30 on Monday (I’ll probably miss the start because it’s in DC)
- Breakfast with Mrs. Rootchopper at a diner on Thursday, an every other week thing.
- The Hains Point 100/Bike DC 3rd Thursday happy hour. (This coincides with my friend Rachel’s trio playing at a local eatery. Sad face. Gonna miss it.)
- Friday Coffee Club
I suppose I could be cavorting in Antarctica or Munich or some other far away land. But I’ll leave that to the young folk for now.
In a couple of weeks, the Crystal City Garage Bike Races begin. If you are in DC and want a cheap (i.e. free) night out, you should come.
2 thoughts on “A busy week”
After my Northern Tier tour, after sleeping on a failing camping pad for almost 75 days, my shoulder was bothering so I went to an Ortho MD. (4 years ago, I crashed my mtn bike into a tree and never got it fixed.) He ordered a CT, the radiologist notes mentioned a nodule in the thyroid, sonofabitch, Papillary cancer, half the thyroid removed in May, still trying to get the medication balanced. My new best friend, my endocrinologist, keeps looking,…finds an adenoma on my pituitary, SHIT!.
Moral of the story, MD’s cause cancer!!! Don’t go to the doctor!! Just keep touring…forever.
Best of luck with your scan,…don’t let them find anything
Dang! The endo is pretty sure my adrenal gland growth is NBD. Very common. One of my brothers had one.